Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Blah, Blah, Blogging

For a while now I have been thinking about starting a blog and as you can see I did! While I was thinking, the same question kept repeating in my head – why bother blogging.

As if twenty-four hours in a day wasn’t little time enough to get all my daily chores done I’ve now added blogging to them. I must be crazy! All these ideas and experiences are screaming in my head, “Let me out! We need to be shared!” I came to the conclusion to let them out here because if I’ve experienced something and learned something, sharing that just might help someone somewhere somehow.

I thought why not – if Carrie Bradshaw the fictional character of Sex and the City, blah, blah, blahed on her pc about her life experiences then why couldn’t I! God knows I’ve been through enough and have my own opinions on such a wide scale of things. All this stuff was now keeping me up at night!

As a writer I am used to being kept up at might by ideas running through my head. As a child of eight, my mom would walk past my bedroom door on her way to the bathroom for her nightly visit and see the light in my bedroom was once again on. She’d come in saying, “It’s 2 in the morning! Are you writing again? Can’t you do that in the godly hours of the morning instead of now? You need your sleep!” She never understood that if I didn’t write down the idea while it was screaming at me it would either be jumbled or gone by the time I woke.

On the last day of 2009 I saw the movie Julie and Julia and thought if Julie Powell could blog about cooking with The Julie/Julia Project, entertain herself, as well as others, then my life as a disabled wife and mother had to touch someone somewhere somehow.

What is a blog anyhow? A means of talking to yourself and not having people think you’ve lost your mind? Or better yet a way of sparing your partner headaches that come from the constant outpouring of ideas and opinions about what’s going on in your little part of the world? Readers of blogs do have inquiring minds and really want to know.

So with the beginning of this New Year I am blah, blah, blogging about the things I know and think about. I hope it does make a difference to someone somewhere somehow.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment. I want to know what you think!